I have a mango problem. If they are less than a dollar I have to buy at least one. If they are 6 for $5 I end up with 12.
I’m not sure if it’s their beautiful smoothness, stunning color or how they taste, but they are in my cart if it’s anywhere near mango season in Chicago.
Tig loves them, but ain’t no man can eat a dozen mangos.
So when they get super soft and are no longer viable as a cubed fruit, I cut a chunk of the skin off near the bottom of the seed, and squeeze from the top down, opposite a toothpaste tube. And all that sweet juiciness rolls down my arms and the mushy pulp, gone completely to sugar, ends up in recipes.
In this case, in a mango smoothie.
I know, I know, this smoothie is loaded with natural sugars, so it’s definitely a snack smoothie and not a breakfast smoothie. I gotta say, though, that on a hot summer afternoon it is a perfect pick me up.
Frosty Two Mango Smoothie
Super sweet, super frosty, and super refreshing any time of the year.
- 1 very ripe mango
- 1 C frozen cubed mango
- 1 C ice
- 1 C unsweetened nut milk of choice (almond works great)
- 2 T milled flax seeds
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 chunk (about pinkie tip size) ginger root
- 1 pitted date
- Step 1 Cut a chunk off the bottom of the ripe mango and squeeze the pulp into the blender.
- Step 2 Add all the other ingredients and blend well until smooth.
- Step 3 Add plant milk to thin as you like.
- Step 4 Enjoy!